As robotic vacuums have become more prevalent in households worldwide, consumers often find themselves weighing the merits of one model against another. In this comparison article, I’ll dive deep into the features and capabilities of the Lefant M210 vs M210B to determine which one truly reigns supreme.
The Lefant M210B wins my heart with its sleek design and robust cleaning capabilities, and is often praised for its versatility on various floor types. From hard flooring to carpets (excluding plush varieties), the m210b’s prowess in tackling pet hair, dust, and daily debris is commendable.
The Lefant M210 also boasts a commendable performance, especially on hard floors. Its intelligent features, coupled with user-friendly controls, make it a favorite among homeowners.
Lefant M210 vs M210B: Comparison Chart
Lefant M210 vs M210B: Differences
After considering the differences between these robotic vacuums, I concluded that the Lefant M210B won 2:0 and tied 3 against the Lefant M210. Read the breakdown below to learn the details.
The winner: Lefant M210B
Compatible floor types
If you have primarily hard floors in your home, both the Lefant M210 and M210B will serve you well.
The Lefant M210 performs exceptionally well on hard floors, easily picking up crumbs, pet hair, and other debris to keep your living space clean and tidy. However, when it comes to rugs and carpets, the M210 struggles a bit more. It can transition well from hardwood floors to area rugs, but it may require more effort to fully clean these surfaces.
In my tests, the Lefant M210B is versatile in its ability to clean both hard flooring and carpets. Its performance on laminate and other hard flooring types is as remarkable as the M210. On carpeted surfaces, the M210B also performs a bit better than its opponent, although it may not be the best choice for plush carpets. It can handle rug mats and transition smoothly from carpet to hard surfaces.
Pet hair performance
Pet hair can be a persistent cleaning challenge for owners. The Lefant M210 and M210B robot vacuums have a unique design that tackles this problem. Unlike traditional vacuums, they only have two side brushes and no main brush roller.
This design choice significantly reduces the likelihood of pet hair tangling during the cleaning process. The side brushes sweep pet hair and other debris towards the suction mount, where it is then vacuumed up. This makes the vacuums particularly advantageous for pet owners, as they provide an effective solution for managing pet hair.
Design & Usability
The build quality of both the Lefant M210 and M210B robotic vacuums is quite commendable.
Both models feature side brushes made from silicone material. This is a notable choice, as silicone is known for its durability and flexibility, allowing the brushes to effectively sweep up debris without wearing out quickly.
In addition to the side brushes, both the M210 and M210B have a silicone scooper at the bottom, designed to prevent scratches on flooring surfaces. This detail reflects the thoughtful design and consideration put into these vacuums to meet the needs of users with various flooring types.
Besides, these models come with a docking station that includes a cleaning tool, providing convenience to the user. The docking station not only serves as a charging base but also offers a storage solution for the cleaning tool, ensuring it is always within reach when needed.
Dimensions and weight
The Lefant M210 and M210B robotic vacuums are both compact and lightweight, making them ideal for cleaning hard-to-reach areas and fitting under low furniture.
Both models are similar in size. The Lefant M210 has dimensions of 11.0″ x 2.99″ (WxH) and weighs 3 kg. The Lefant M210B is slightly slimmer, with dimensions of 11.0″ x 2.8″ (WxH) and a weight of 3.2 kg.
It’s evident that the Lefant M210 and M210B are smaller and lighter than many other robotic vacuums on the market. Typically, robotic vacuums have a height of around 3 to 4 inches and can weigh anywhere from 2 to 5 kg or more, depending on the model and features.
Therefore, their compact and lightweight design is particularly beneficial for those with smaller living spaces or a lot of furniture, as the vacuums can maneuver around obstacles and reach areas that larger and heavier vacuums may struggle with.
Battery and charge
The Lefant M210 and M210B robotic vacuums both boast a battery life of up to 100 minutes. This number is not impressive. According to my experience, I will place them squarely within the average range for robotic vacuum cleaners.
The recharge time for the Lefant M210 and M210B is approximately 5–6 hours. They are designed to automatically return to their docking stations to recharge when their battery levels run low, ensuring they are ready for their next cleaning task.
The Lefant M210 and M210B robotic vacuums both operate at a noise level of approximately 56-60 decibels. This level of noise is relatively low and should not be disruptive to most individuals.
In fact, it is quieter than a normal vacuum cleaner and can be compared to the noise level of a conversation at home or background music. The noise level remains medium even when the vacuums are set to their maximum performance settings.
However, they still make some noise when they run into walls as part of their infrared scanning feature.
Navigation and obstacle avoidance
These two robotic vacuums are equipped with a few control modes for cleaning, including Auto clean, Spot clean, Edge clean, Zigzag clean, and manual control direction. In each mode, the robot will follow specific paths.
In the smart auto mode, they navigate freely, moving in a random pattern around the room. They don’t follow a predetermined path or map out the area. Instead, they rely on their 13 groups of sensors to navigate their environment. Instead of a traditional bumper, these vacuums use an anti-collision sensor at the front.
One limitation of Lefant M210 and M210B is that they cannot detect and avoid obstacles like cords, cat toys, and shoelaces. Therefore, you should clear the floor of these items before starting the cleaning session. Additionally, these vacuums don’t map or remember the layout of your floors, so they essentially wander and guess their way around during the cleaning process.
The Lefant M210 and M210B robotic vacuums offer a variety of control methods to cater to the user’s preferences and convenience.
Users have the option to choose from different cleaning modes such as Auto clean, Spot clean, Edge clean, Zigzag clean, and Manual Control Direction. These diverse cleaning modes provide flexibility and allow users to select the cleaning method that best suits their needs, ensuring a thorough cleaning experience.
The Lefant M210 and M210B can be controlled either through a remote or a mobile app. The remote control is easy to use and allows you to start, stop, and navigate the vacuum.
The mobile app, however, provides an even more convenient way to control the vacuum from your smartphone or tablet. The app is designed to be intuitive and user-friendly, allowing you to remotely control the vacuum, schedule cleaning sessions, and receive notifications about its status.
The winner: Lefant M210B
One of the unique features of the Lefant M210B robot vacuum is its method of mopping the floor.
Unlike other robot vacuums with built-in water tanks, the Lefant M210B does not dispense water onto the floor. Instead, it uses a wet piece attached to the bottom of the machine to mop the floor. This wet piece is dragged across the floor as the vacuum moves, cleaning the surface.
However, since the wet piece does not provide an even wetting of the floor, it may not be as effective in cleaning stubborn stains or dirt that require a more thorough wetting and scrubbing action.
Cleaning and maintenance
The cleaning and maintenance of the Lefant M210 and Lefant M210B robotic vacuums are simple and easy to manage.
These robotic vacuums are equipped with a 500-ml dustbin capacity, which is a decent size for holding dirt, dust, and debris. This allows users to vacuum a significant area of their home before needing to empty the dustbin.
When the dustbin is full, emptying it is a straightforward process. Simply remove the dustbin from the vacuum, open the lid, and dispose of the contents in a trash bin. It is recommended to do this over a trash bag or can to prevent any spillage of dirt.
Both use a two-filter system for effective cleaning. This system comprises a pre-filter and a HEPA filter designed to capture dust and allergens. The pre-filter catches larger particles, while the HEPA filter captures smaller ones, including pollen and pet dander.
However, the filters in these vacuums are not washable and must be replaced once they become dirty or clogged. To maintain optimal cleaning performance, it is recommended to check the filters regularly and replace them every 2-3 months, depending on usage.
In addition to regular filter replacement, you also need to clean the sensors, wheels, and side brushes of the vacuum to ensure that it operates effectively. The sensors can be wiped with a clean, dry cloth to remove any dust or dirt that may have accumulated. The wheels and side brushes can also be cleaned with a brush or vacuum to remove any hair, fibers, or other debris that may have become entangled.
Quick Rundown Of Lefant M210B
- 【2 in 1 Vacuum and Mopping】Multifunctional 2 in 1 robot vacuums cleaner and mop (without water tank), you can use the Lefant robot vacuum that has installed the wet cloth mop to clean it directly. We have also offered extra 5 pieces of disposable wipes for you to clean your floor. Dry and wet two washes, meet different cleaning needs, and completely free your hands.
- 【Upgraded FreeMove Technology 2.0】Built-in 6D anti-collision infrared sensor, instead of mechanical collision. The APP provides the Freemove button, when the gear is turned on, 360-degree omnidirectional detection of the surrounding environment. Easily avoid obstacles and reduce failures caused by easy wear, deformation, dust accumulation, prolong its service life.
- 【4 Clean Modes, High-Efficiency&Easy 】M210B Smart Vacuum Robot Cleaner offer 4 clean modes including ➊Auto clean➋Spot clean ➌Wall Follow clean ➍Manual clean. Flexibly switched between different modes through the remote control / voice control or Lefant APP to meet the different cleaning needs of the family, reduce missed scanning, and increase efficiency by 30%.
- 【100min Quiet Cleaning Housekeeper】 The M210B robotic vacuum built-in 1800mAh battery, up to100 minutes in quiet mode. But 2000Pa powerful suction at a volume no louder than a microwave. When the battery is low less 15% or cleaning is complete, robot vacuum cleaner will automatically return to the charging dock to charge. Lefant M210B is your best choice.
- 【More Special Features】Equipped with 500ml HEPA Filter Visible Box holds more per clean to reduce the frequency of emptying. Improved infrared-sensor for evading obstacles, and drop-sensing tech to avoid falls. Robotic vacuum also automatically recharges so it's always ready to clean. The unique Brushless Suction structure ensures pet hair and dirt go into the dustbin easily, unlike roller brushes, suction don’t entangle hair.
Quick Rundown Of Lefant M210
- 🐈This Lefant M210 robotic vacuum cleaner is good for families with pets.
- 🤔Why the Lefant M210 can't connect to the APP: Please make sure you are using the new App-Lefant, waiting for you to unlock more features that were not available in the old App-Lefant Life.
- 🤖【Small Body Design】: Are you still worried that the vacuum can't go under the furniture to clean? This Lefant M210 with an 11'' diameter and 2.99" Height works easily under or around beds, sofas and other furniture for a thorough cleaning and high coverage.
- 💪【Unique Brushless Suction Port】: Robot vacuum powered by a strong digital motor provides strong suction power. The unique Brushless Suction structure ensures that pet hair and dirt go into the dustbin easily, unlike roller brushes, suction does not entangle hair.
- 😃【6 Clean Modes Your Needs】: Vacuum Cleaner Robot offers 6 clean modes including ➊Auto clean ➋Spot clean ➌Edge clean ➍Zigzag clean ➎Scheduled clean ➏Manual clean. Freely switch among different modes and power levels as you want via the Lefant App. Note: Do not use Zigzag mode on carpet.
Related Articles to Lefant M210
- Lefant M210B: https://www.lefant.com/products/lefant-m210b
- Lefant M210: https://www.lefant.com/products/lefant-m210
Richard B. Schmidt is a prominent figure in the vacuum cleaner industry, boasting over 15 years of expertise. Armed with a Robotics Engineering degree from Northeastern University and a Master’s in Consumer Science from Harvard, his unique blend of technical knowledge and consumer insights positions him as a sought-after authority in vacuum cleaner evaluation. Richard’s career began at Dyson, where he contributed to the development of innovative vacuum models. Transitioning to advocacy and reviews, he co-founded the first Vacuum-focused blog in 2008, offering comprehensive analysis and user guides for various vacuum cleaners. In 2020, he founded RoboMop.net, providing ongoing insights through columns and buyer’s guides.